Krauss Hall Courtyard Pond Sustainable Ecosystem and Restoration
Built in 1948, Krauss Hall Pond is one of the oldest features on campus. Currently the pond is being restored to be a symbol of sustainability on UH Mānoa Campus.
By restoring this water feature using solar power, natural biota, and water catchments, Krauss Hall Pond will provide services and resources beneficial to the health of the environment, while at the same time functioning to minimize costs and maintenance on the University.
As students and other campus groups find a purpose in this pond, a new legacy will be established at Krauss Hall, which will encompass the foundation of sustainability and cost efficiency, while also providing the campus community with a sense of place in the Krauss Hall Courtyard.